It’s going to be a busy weekend into early next week here around town. I love baseball as much as any other red blooded American, but my excitement comes from the events that are happening around town at our favorite breweries. There is so much going on, though, that I knew it would be hard to make sense of it all and keep track of where you want to go… for this I bestow on you, Cincinnati’s 2015 All Star Week Roundup!
If I’ve forgotten anything that is worth mentioning, let me know… please!
Bad Tom Smith Brewing
- Pint Specials – All weekend long you can get $3 pints at the taproom, this is a perfect opportunity to give some of their new recipes a try if you haven’t been there in a while!
Braxton Brewing Company
- New Beer, 1957 – Braxton is tapping their new English Mild on Thursday, it’s designed to remind you of your favorite ballpark snack, Cracker Jack, and will be on tap until the batch is gone!
- Wiffle Ball Home Run Derby – Swing for the fences with at 5$ suggested donation, the winner will receive $50 worth of Braxton merchandise. – Saturday 6pm-8:30pm
- Futures, and Legends Brewery Tours – In honor of the Futures and Legends games, the brewery will be holding tours with Evan(The Future) and Richard(The Legend), these two together is something you won’t want to miss. – Sunday 1pm, 2pm, 3pm, 4pm (First come first served)
- Home Run Derby Specials – On Monday, they’ll be open special from 5pm-11pm for the homerun derby pouring all their flagships for only $4
- All Star Game Party – Come for the game, stay for the beer. You can watch the game on their projector, and they’ll be pouring the new beer, 1957 for 10$ and you keep the glass.
- Grand Opening Party – This has been mentioned already this week as my event of the week…but needless to say, it needs repeating. Be there on Saturday from 12pm-10pm and see what happens when science and math collide in an explosion of beer.
Listermann/Triple Digit Brewing
- Volksfest – It’s no coincidence that the event was timed around the All Star game this year, it’s a perfect chance for anyone from out of town (or from in town) to experience a whole bunch of local beer at one time. The event is bigger than ever this year, and as always, it’s family and dog friendly! – Friday, 5pm-12am Saturday, 12pm-11pm (FREE)
- Grill Out and Get Down – Beer Brats will be on the grill with music by the Cincy Brass – Sunday, 7pm-10pm
- Heavy Hitters – Join the brewery for the Home Run Derby for some special beer tappings, including the new Joon! – Monday 12pm-10pm
- Grill Out – Again, chef Jeff will be cooking some Beer Brats outside, and the game will be on TV. – Tuesday 12pm-10pm
Moerlein Lager House
- All Star Beer Line-Up – The Lager House is representing each of the 30 markets from the major league teams with beers from each. – All Week Long
- Mike & Mike – The ESPN Radio morning show will be broadcasting live from the Lager House, there will be a breakfast buffet ($14.99) for anyone who ventures down to see them do their things live…oh yeah… the bar opens at 5:30am – Monday and Tuesday, 5am
Moerlein Malt House
- All-Star Pop Up Party – Sponsered by Tito’s Vodka and Sailor Jerry Rum this is a three night party with music and of course beer. – 9pm-2am Saturday, Sunday and Monday ($15 single night, $30 for the weekend)
- New Beer, Streaker – This beer was created using a brilliant crowd sourcing to decide what ingredients would be used.
- Wiffle Ball Derby for a Cause – A $5 donation gets you 10 swings, there will be prizes for winners. Eli’s BBQ will be serving their amazing food. – Saturday, 12pm-5pm
- New Beer, Nuxy, Red Rye-PA – With a massive group of people that were huge lovers of Rivertown’s Hop Bomber, there will surely be a lot of people around town eager to get a hold of this!
Rock Bottom Brewery
- All-Star Brewery Tours – This is a tour featuring local brewery history and a tasting, the tours are long 3.5-4 hours each, and you need reservations ($55) -Thursday-Tuesday, 11am-11:30pm
Taft’s Ale House
- Nellie’s Baseball Beer Selection – Available downstairs at Nellie’s taproom will be a selection of 8 different local, baseball themed beers.
- The Summer Draft at Taft’s – Beer… Food… Music… could a gnome ask for more? This event takes place in the lot next to the brewery and will feature not only Taft’s beers, but beers from other local breweries as well. – Friday-Sunday 12pm-11pm (FREE)
- Bacon, Bourbon and Brew Festival in Newport – Really? Can you go wrong with these three ingredients? Head down to Newport to have your fix of three of my favorite vices all at once. – Friday 5pm-11pm, Saturday 12pm-11pm, Sunday 12pm-9pm, Monday 5pm-11pm, Tuesday 12pm-6pm