Don’t let the name fool you… these gift baskets aren’t just for men… they would make a fantastic birthday, Christmas, or “anytime” gift for whatever drinker you have in your life. Bro Basket reached out to me to see if I’d like to take a peek and review one of their products, and of course, I jumped on the chance… because who doesn’t like getting booze in the mail.
The ‘BroBasket’ Itself
I received the ‘Ultimate Whiskey Sampler’ which you can find on their website here and was really pleasantly surprised at how well put together the basket was. The basket was packed full of goodies!
All of the bottles and items in the basket were glued together to make sure that the presentation stayed perfect in transit, which I can say 100% it looked great coming out of the box. If I had one complaint about the basket at all, it’s that the glue is so great, it’s hard to get off of bottles if you want to. That’s not a huge deal, though – and definitely not a deal-breaker for me.
The “non-booze” stuff in the basket
The basket comes with a bunch of non-drinkables in it too… let’s talk about those first.
- Tumbler Glass – BroBasket has its own branded glass that comes tucked in the basket. They make sure that you won’t have to wait too long for your recipient to enjoy their gift… they can dive right in with glassware right on hand.
- Coaster – My wife gets mad when I put my glass right on the coffee table, so I for one appreciate them providing this – just for the peace of mind that it provided.
- 2 Popcornopolis Gourmet Flavored Popcorns – What makes drinking better? Snacks. While my wife promptly stole mine from me when I wasn’t looking – I’m sure that your gift-recipient can probably enjoy these without them getting stolen if they play their cards right. (Hide them).
- Marich Chocolate Covered Goody – I haven’t tried these yet, but I got some sort of blueberry chocolate awesomeness that I’m pretty sure is going to pair up really well with a tall glass of booze.
- A reusable BroBasket tin container… containers like this always come in handy behind my bar to store stuff. I feel pretty confident that you’ll find a great purpose for it.
Ok, here’s the good stuff, the reason that you want to get the basket for someone in the first place! There’s a really great variety of stuff in this basket, and I love that for a whiskey fan it probably will hit their favorite kind of booze, while also exposing them to something else, too. Each of these is a 50ml ‘Airplane Bottle’ – just enough to fill your glass with a serving for one (I’m sure you could share with your spouse if you wanted… I don’t do well with sharing, though)
- MaCallan Double Cask 12year
- Johnnie Walker Red Label
- Johnnie Walker Black Label
- Glenlivet 12 Year
- Glenfiddich 12 Year
- Jameson Irish Whiskey
- Makers Mark Bourbon
- Woodford Reserve Bourbon
- Bulleit Bourbon
- Knobb Creek Bourbon
At the end of the day, I think that this provides a great presentation of a gift. On the BroBasket website, they have a ton of other baskets that you can choose from. Whiskey, Scotch, Tequila, Beer, Vodka, Rum… they have premade baskets for it all that you can choose from.
The value is good, especially for someone like me who isn’t the best at wrapping and making a nice presentation of something. This basket comes looking like the most wonderful bouquet of booze that you can imagine. It can be a real lifesaver if you need some help in that department.
Overall? My take is really simple – this is a great gift and definitely worth its value if you’re looking for that perfect gift for the booze-lover in your life! My friends and family could definitely take note here for future gift ideas if they need a quick go-to for those random occasions where they might night to give a booze gift to me!
Disclosure – You should know that this basket was a gift from the folks at BroBasket. While I always appreciate gifts from people, companies or breweries – it won’t ever change my feelings on the product itself, and it won’t change how I write about the product. What it will guarantee, though, is that I will write about it!