All About Cellar Dweller
Not only is Cellar Dweller one of the oldest breweries here in town, they have a unique feeling that is unlike any other brewery in the Greater Cincinnati area. The brewery is in a winery, or more accurately in the basement of Valley Vineyards. They got the idea to open up when they’d gather as a family and crack open a beer… from somewhere else. They were making award winning wine, but had to get their beer from a different brewery and it didn’t make sense.
In the time since, they’ve not only been crafting great beer for their customers, and distributing a little bit out into Cincinnati and Dayton, but they’ve managed to turn out a few employees that have gone on to do some really great stuff around town leaving a Cellar Dweller stamp all over this beer scene.
What’s Cellar Dweller Like?
Cellar Dweller is inside a winery, and it feels like a winery. They are still without a real ‘Taproom’, though their restaurant and small tasting room acts as one just fine. The brewery itself is housed deep in the winery’s basement, which somehow feels perfect, regardless of their name. It has a feel like a brewery that should be housed in some European village, not Morrow, Ohio.
If you want to really get what the experience can be like, go in the summer where you can spend an evening watching the sun set from their big patio with your friends and family over a nice dinner.
Cincy Brewcast Episodes
- Volume 1 – Episode 38 – The Darkness From The Cellar
- Volume 1 – Episode 39 – The Midnight Special
- Volume 4 – Episode 1 – Cellar Dweller, Valley Vineyards
- Volume 5 – Episode 26 – Cellar Dweller and Adena
The Cellar Dweller Timeline
- February, 2012 – The brewery opens on a small 1/2bbl system
- 2013 – The brewery expands, and upgrades their brewhouse, adds 10bbl fermenters.
- 2015 – The brewery first releases their packaging (you can view all of their packaging here)
- 2017 – Cellar Dwellers founder and original brewer, Steve Shaw leaves, and they hire a new head brewer – C.J. Katsetos
- December 2017 – The first cans from Cellar Dweller make their way onto shelves
- May 2019 – Cellar Dweller signs with Adena Distributing
Volume 5, Episode 34 – Puzzle Pieces And Governor Morrow With Marco Penilla
Volume 5, Episode 26 – Cellar Dweller And Adena
Volume 4 – Episode 01 – Cellar Dweller, Valley Vineyards
Wiedemann Gets Another Big Boost With News of Steve Shaw As Head Brewer
Cellar Dweller 4th Anniversary Celebration
Cellar Dweller is Coming To NKY!