It sounds like a tiki party of an anniversary to me! Our Woodburn brewery is growing up too fast, and is turning 1 this month with a party that is looking like it’s going to be a blast (and get fans of the NE IPA style all pumped up). They’re not only going to be having live music, and some awesome food – but they’re going to be tapping a bunch of variants of their smash hit ‘Hammer’ Session IPA, which I suppose is right where we should start.
The Hammer Variants
As if just having Hammer on tap wasn’t enough to get you guys to show up in a frenzy, the brewery is kicking things up a notch or six with tappings every two hours. They’ll be deploying 6 new variants of the session IPA all day long for you to swoon over.
- 12pm – Pineapple Hammer
- 2pm – Pina Colada Tea Hammer
- 4pm – Bubble Gum 7Pot Hot Pepper Hammer
- 6pm – Passion Fruit Hammer
- 8pm – Lemongrass & Pink Peppercorn Hammer
- 10pm – Grapefruit Hammer
If you find yourself in their taproom to help them celebrate the occasion, you’ll find a hell of a great time I think. There will be live music all day to go along with the great beer, and if you are hungry – you’re in luck for sure. There is going to be a pig roast, which means that the food is going to to be “off the chain” as the kids say.
- Beer Braised Mussels
- Beer + Leeks + Tomato + Grilled Bread
- Queso + Black Bean Pico De Gallo + Pickled Red Onion + Spicy Sour Cream + Tortilla
- Street Corn
- Spicy Sour Cream + Cotija
- Braised Shoulder, Ham & Bacon
- Arugula + Beer BBQ + Pickles + Challah + (Choose A Side)
- American Cheese + Tomato + Arugula + Bacon + Shaved Onion + Challah Bun + (Choose A Side)
- Mac & Cheese
- Bread Crumb + Gruyere + Fussili
- Napa Cabbage + Yellow Onion + Carrow + Red Wine Vinegar
- BBQ Grippos
It all goes down this weekend, on August 19th from 12pm until Midnight. If you don’t know where the Woodburn taproom is (first off you need to start making the rounds more frequently) you can find them in East Walnut Hills at 2800 Woodburn Avenue.