All About FigLeaf Brewing Company
FigLeaf is in a fun position, taking on the task of helping to bridge the gap between Dayton and Cincinnati, finding a nice space to live right in the middle of the two busy beer scenes. They distribute to both cities while calling Middletown their home base.
Through all the changes that FigLeaf has gone through in their short life (and there has certainly been plenty of them!) The brewery has done an amazing job at looking at what they do best, as well as where they are lacking with each period of growth to only improve who they are, and what they do.
What’s Figleaf Like?
Figleaf was designed as a production facility first and foremost. That doesn’t mean that the brewery neglected those of us who much prefer to drink in a taproom, though. Their warehouse-y space was given plenty of touches from day one to warm it up and make it more inviting.
You’ll find a lot of reclaimed wood and some really great green tile around the taproom to give it some life. A big patio and an upcoming event space top it off to create a space that welcomes any occasion you can find to grab a beer. They’re also in the process of improving a lot of that taproom experience including a new kitchen to step up their food game!
The Figleaf Brewing Company Timeline
- 10/8/2016 – The brewery hosts its grand opening celebration
- 6/17/2017 – FigLeaf releases their first cans, Basmati Cream Ale (you can see a full list of their packaged releases so far here)
- 8/2017 – The brewery signs with Cavalier, enabling their new distributor to get their beer all across the state of Ohio.
- 11/24/2017 – Figleaf hosts their first ever bottle release, of their Barrel Aged Black Solstice and their Anniversary One Belgian Quad.
- 9/2019 – March First buys Figleaf, they merge while remaining distinct brands.
Prost! FigLeaf, Ponderous Porter
FigLeaf’s Fourth Anniversary
Volume 6, Episode 19 – Figleaf Has All The Drinks And A Great Group of Cincinnati Brewery Partners
FigLeaf Is Preparing A New Look For Their Cans
March First Buys FigLeaf – Cincinnati Beer Gets Even Stronger
Volume 4, Episode 38 – That One Time In Newport, With Figleaf