All About March First Brewing Company
March first is the first brewery in Cincinnati to manage to tackle the combined brewery/distillery idea. They opened their doors “around” March First, which is the date that Ohio was founded, and they did things a little differently than most other breweries have lately – kicking things out into distribution before their taproom was open to the public. They have a unique business model that has a strong focus on lagers, ciders and of course their spirit brands as well.
What’s March First Like?
The March First taproom isn’t the biggest or the fanciest, but it’s comfortable and showcases their products and their brand idea strongly. They have pizza made in-house if you want to spend some time hanging out, and in the summer, things are made a little bigger with the inclusion of their taproom patio out front.
The March First Brewing Timeline
- 6/29/2016 – First pop on to the radar when they take place in a ‘Brewing a Beer Brand’ event
- 3/4/2017 – The brewery hosts a tap takeover, introducing the city to their beer before their taproom is open.
- 3/16/2017 – March First Announces that they have started distributing their beer to stores (You can see notes about their packaged releases here)
- 4/28/2017 – The M1 taproom opens to the public.
- October 2017 – March First debuts their pizza kitchen.
- 10/18/17 – The debut of Sycamore Whiskey, their first spirit
- 11/2017 – The debut of Voltage Vodka brand from the distillery